Youth Council Of France

Saint-Etienne Youth Project 2008

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What do you need to bring ?!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julien
Admin

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: What do you need to bring ?!   Tue 6 May - 3:30

Ask whatever you think I've forgotten to tell about. Any question about practical aspect of the week ?

Remember what I asked in my mail :
Quote :
Hi leaders,

First, I'd like to thank all the leaders and their teammates who accepted to come on the forum ( http://youthcouncil.superforum.fr ), as we asked you to.

Second, we will give you a T-shirt for the event, with Youth Project written on, and more important : YOUR NAME. It will be very difficult otherwise to be able to remember a lot of different names, especially since we never heard the half of them before. There is different sizes for the T-shirt : S, M, L and XL (Small, Medium, Large, eXtra Large).
SO, I need, BEFORE MONDAY THE 12th (next week), to have the SIZE of the T-shirt and the CORRESPONDING NAME for all of your group, gathered in one e-mail by country.

example : Julien : XL
Gabriel : L
Gladys : S
etc...

PLEASE, DO IT. It's for the best of both you and us... The event is now very soon, so we cannot wait! I'm sorry to insist, but there are countries who didn't give us their WS.... Even with a week of delay. This time : NO DELAY. After all, if you don't want to be in a random workshop where no one knows your name...

Also, there are a few things I also wanted to say :

- I haven't really got the confirmation that you bought the tickets, with exact prices AND times, yet. You need to do it. Also, we agreed on a specific price with all of you. We won't refund you 200euros more just because you made 1month to buy the tickets.... I recall you that you also have to keep the bills.

- Go to the forum if it's not done yet

- To decorate the place we will make the workshops, and also share more about our cultures, we want you to bring stuff of your country : flags, photos (monuments or whatever), movies, specific (traditional) clothes, maybe games. Moreover, I've already said it, you'll have to bring the receipe of a specific meal of your country. We shall taste it, and also make a european cooking book.

- Go to the forum (!!)

- Otherwise, for those who come earlier than Sunday (Saturday, or even Friday for one team), I'll be there to welcome you and keep you occupied,. You'll have a room like the other days of the week (in fact, the same).
All week, you'll sleep two by rooms : take a down sleeping bag. There is a shower and a fridge in each room.
And, when you'll get in Saint-Etienne, we will welcome you at the train station (as I said it upper, we need the time of your arrival =))

- I'm forgetting stuff and I'm sorry (tired). I'll make a post on the forum, (you know... http://youthcouncil.superforum.fr ), and you should ask whatever you think I've forgotten in this post (so all my friends will also be able to answer you Smile)

So leaders, I'm really sorry that I have to be a little unpleasant, but time is running out, and we can't afford to get the same succes that we had with the repartition in WS. The event is in less than 4weeks, I ask you to make this effort so we can all enjoy the week in Saint-Etienne !

Have a nice week, I'm really waiting forward to your quick answers !

Regards,

Julien MARREC
YP TEAM 2008
www.youthcouncil.fr
http://youthcouncil.superforum.fr
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youthcouncil.superforum.fr
marion
Youth Project Team

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: What do you need to bring   Sat 10 May - 13:33

Hey Everybody!!

As always Julien can not be short! He must always talk and talk! So to be short I want to precise what you can bring:

- If you have flags or traditionnal clothes from your country it would be nice to decorate the place where we will be
- Traditionnal objects that represents your country (it can be everything! juste be creative)
- pictures, many pictures! of you , of your country! Don't hesitate!!
- Receipes (please send us them before so that we can buy what you need)

As we need to organize all those things, it would be nice of you if you could send Julien your size for the T-Shirt and your receipe AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Thanks a lot

Marion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gab
Youth Project Team

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Sat 10 May - 19:03

We will order the T-shirts on wednesday.....so as soon as possible means before wednesday as far as the T-shirts are concerned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julien
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Mon 12 May - 2:56

First, Marion, when you'll know how to answer a subject without posting a new one, which means I won't have to correct it after, we'll talk again Wink

But most important : A few pieces of information
As said before, you'll sleep two by rooms, but there is only one mattress in the room, you'll need a sleeping bag by person, and probably a groundsheet for two. Concerning the food, we take care of the 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Lunch will be eaten where you'll do the workshops, breakfast and dinner at the "Maison des elèves", the place we'll all be sleeping, partying, for some of you drinking too, and doing almost all kind of stuff apart the workshops.
Back to top Go down
Merilin

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Tue 13 May - 10:16

Julien wrote:
As said before, you'll sleep two by rooms, but there is only one mattress in the room, you'll need a sleeping bag by person, and probably a groundsheet for two.

Possibility of sleeping 8 nights on the floor with just a groundsheet (personal mattress is far too big for airplanes)? A personal pillow too? Isn't this kind of insane, what about health concerns. Ok, if there's only one bed in the room, but please be so kind to organise 2 matresses!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thredahlia.blogspot.com/
Anna

Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Tue 13 May - 22:36

To make things clear: there is only ONE materace in each room?
Will it be on a bed or is it just a single materace on a floor? Is it for one or two people?

Can you please send me photos of the place where we will stay?

Initially it was told that we will have single rooms with decent standard. Have the rules of financing youth 2008 changed so that you need to cut down costs everywhere where it's possible? And now it came to this, that we'll have to sleep on the floor?

That is why I'd like you to send me more details...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gab
Youth Project Team

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Tue 13 May - 23:50

First, there is no financial problems ! Don’t worry about that, we have enough money to make you all come and to organize a great event. If you will be two by rooms it is only because there is not enough rooms! In these rooms, a French student can live, sleep, eat and work. Yes, you will be two by rooms, but I will only be there to sleep. All the activities will take place outside! There is only one bed by room. I guess that some of you don’t mind to sleep on groundsheets, please bring one! If you really prefer to sleep on a mattress, of course don’t bring it! Very Happy We will give you one! Merilin, aren’t we kind? Very Happy Of course these rooms are with decent standard, they are clean, dry... I live in a room like that! There is no problem, I can understand that you worry about the place you will live in. This forum is here to answer to your questions. We are working very hard, everything is nearly ready! You will see, it will be an unbelievable week.

I will send you some photos….

See you soon!

gabriel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna

Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Wed 14 May - 1:01

Thank you very much for this fast reply. I know that you wouldn't place us in bad conditions. However beds are quite important - there will be an intensive week and we will all need some good night rest Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gab
Youth Project Team

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Wed 14 May - 1:11

If you want any further information, don't hesitate...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bartek

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Wed 14 May - 1:48

and speaking about accommodation and conditions - is there any chance that there will be an Internet connection in the room? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maurilio

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Wed 14 May - 1:54

or, however, is there a TV? cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julien
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Wed 14 May - 12:17

No Tv, But internet connection in every room. However, You need to bring a RJ-45 Cable Wink. But if it's just to check your emails, you can borrow us one. Moreover, all of you, even without their computer, will be able to check their emails on our computers =)

Also, Maurilio I don't think you'll wish to watch TV, there's a lot of better stuff to do in the evening =)

Last edited by Julien on Thu 15 May - 15:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gladys
Youth Project Team

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Wed 14 May - 18:11

Hey!
As Julien I said, I think we won't have time to watch TV but whatever, if you feel like to, their is a TV room in the "Maison des élèves" it's a bit like a small cinema room... so no problem neither for internet, neither for the TV...
I enjoy seeing that you're curious about the week and hope that everybody will enjoy it... we do everything we can to make it the best...

Gladys sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maurilio

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Thu 15 May - 12:45

I'm just curious about French's tv.
I remember, 7 years ago, I went to French (Nice, Cannes, Monaco) and I liked it Exclamation

But my name is Mario, Maurilio is only a nickname.

Bye, see you later! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julien
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Thu 15 May - 15:30

Okay, sorry =)

So as gladys said, you'll be able to watch tv in the specific room we have for it =)
Back to top Go down
Julien
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Thu 22 May - 1:37

Good news everyone : mattresses problem solved!

Everyone will have one mattress, but you'll still be, for almost all, two by rooms as we don't have 54rooms.
Back to top Go down
Merilin

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Thu 22 May - 8:08

Julien wrote:
Good news everyone : mattresses problem solved!

Thank you, Julien! And sorry for being so annoying Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thredahlia.blogspot.com/
Julien
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Thu 22 May - 10:51

No No you mustn't be. Indeed, I'm glad because I made the forum for this =)
Back to top Go down
Urska Erklavec

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: things we also need   Fri 23 May - 22:36

hey
i would like to know what else we need to bring
like groundsheets,... so do we need to bring something to cover ourselfs? towels? etc.
thanx

enjoy and see ya next week :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gab
Youth Project Team

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Fri 23 May - 22:43

towels: yes
sleeping bag: yes
groundsheets: no

see you very soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matthew

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Mon 26 May - 11:02

Salut!I've two questions...if we all have a mattress,why do we need to bring the sleeping bag?and what about the weather?will it be cold?
byes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julien
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   Mon 26 May - 14:00

Because we said a mattress and not a bed... It's been very hard to find all the mattresses we needed, and we don't have enough money to rent 54 duvets and sheets sorry.

You may be cold especially if you are coming from middle or southern italia, but you shouldn't be cold if you come from Estonia for example ^^ =)

Temperatures are usually between 20 (without sun) and a little more than 25 when it's sunny.

Take a coat^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you need to bring ?!   

Back to top Go down

What do you need to bring ?!
Page 1 of 1