Youth Council Of France
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youth Council Of France

Saint-Etienne Youth Project 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cinema : Cannes' festival 2008 + movies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anne Laure
Youth Project Team
Anne Laure

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Cinema : Cannes' festival 2008 + movies Empty
PostSubject: Cinema : Cannes' festival 2008 + movies   Cinema : Cannes' festival 2008 + movies Icon_minipostedThu 22 May - 3:42

Hey folks !!

For those fond of cinema Cool , it's the period : Cannes' festival (too bad it isn't Saint-Etienne's ...) takes place right now until the May, 25th.
the members of the jury 2008 : (you'll probably know some of them)
-Sean Penn (famous for his movie "the Indian runner") : he is the president of the jury
-Nathalie Portman (she played in "Star wars", "V for Vendetta", ... you heard about her I'm sure)
-Sergio Castellitto (italian actor and filmmaker)
-Alexandra Maria Lara (she played in FFCoppola's recent movie "youth without youth" ... the title is a hint to all of you geek more seriously i haven't seen the movie)
-Alfonso Cuaron (he did "Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban")
-Apichatpong Weerasethakul (he comes from Thailand. Don't know him... what about you ??)
-Jeanne Balibar (french actress but I never heard about her either... do you ??)
-Rachid Bouchareb (he did "Indigenes" about the independance of Algeria)
-Marjane Satrapi (she did "Persepolis", pretty good movie !!)

well : can't find a proper website giving information in english about the festival, but you can watch some videos of it here (i reckon it's only in french ... scratch .. you'll find out then) : http://cannes2008.canalplus.fr

Let's talk about you Wink
What are your favorite movies ??
Back to top Go down

Cinema : Cannes' festival 2008 + movies
Page 1 of 1